The New Razer Blade now with GTX 1060
Razer, a world leader in connected devices and software for gamers, today announced the new Razer Blade 14-in. gaming laptop. Striking a perfect balance of power and mobility, the new Blade is designed to be the most portable PC that can play games at maximum settings.
Earning a multitude of Editors’ Choice awards from LinusTechTips, PC Magazine, Laptop Magazine and more for its performance and portability, the new Razer Blade is now more powerful than ever armed with a next-generation NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 graphics processor. Designed with the new NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture, the GPU is three times faster with a performance increase of more than 40% compared to the previous generation, delivering incredible graphics power so you can game at the max settings effortlessly while enjoying the most realistic cinematic experiences with technologies like NVIDIA GameWorks™.
This performance is packed into the thinnest design available in its class. Measuring just 0.7 inches thin and weighing just over four pounds, the latest Razer Blade sets a new milestone in terms of power per cubic inch. Built with a unibody CNC aluminum chassis, the Blade is thin and also incredibly durable.
Razer’s latest system is optimized for VR performance with low latency and plug-and-play compatibility. The laptop also supports the capture of 360-degree images to view in VR in games that support NVIDIA Ansel™ technology. This makes the Razer Blade the most portable virtual reality system available today.
“There has never been a better balance of performance and portability in a PC,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “Five years ago, the idea of managing this level of heat in a small chassis was thought to be impossible, but we did just that with the original Razer Blade. Since then, we’ve continued to listen to our community and improve upon that design and thermal management. In many ways, this is the perfect laptop that was designed for gamers, by gamers.”
The Razer Blade comes standard with a 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 quad core processor, 16GB of DDR4 dual-channel memory, Killer Wireless-AC and Thunderbolt™ 3 connectivity. The system offers more storage than ever before with up to a 1TB PCIe SSD option and fast data transfer speeds. Other features include anti-ghosting keyboard that is powered by Razer Chroma™. This technology unlocks a virtually endless array of dazzling lighting effects that can be customized by the user or synced to display in-game events.
Two display options are available for gamers to choose from. A Full HD model offers the best frame rates and a matte screen for minimal glare, while a touch-enabled 3200×1800 QHD+ display provides stunning visual clarity.
The 14-in. Blade is one of two announcements in Razer’s systems family lineup, with the new Razer Blade Stealth being the other. The 12.5-in. Blade Stealth was named the “Best PC” at CES earlier this year for its combination of performance, value, expandability and portability.
For more information on the new Razer Blade, visit razerzone.com/blade.
Starts at U.S. $1799
Razerzone.com – Pre-order September 2nd, ships in October
Worldwide – November
- Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.5GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16GB System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 256GB / 512GB / 1TB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 0-in. IGZO QHD+, 3200×1800, capacitive multi-touch / 14.0-in. IPS Full HD Matte, 1920×1080 options
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- 5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 165W power adapter
- Built-in 70 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Weight (QHD+): 4.30 lbs. / 1.95 kg
- Weight (Full HD): 4.16 lbs. / 1.89 kg