Samsung Galaxy S5 Hands-on
The Galaxy S5 is here and comes packed with all new features. this is the first Galaxy device out of the gate that is water resistant, and dust proof. Also Samsung is bring a bigger health focus to their flagship device. The Galaxy S 5 is packed with leading technology enhancements, including Quick Connect, which locates the nearest devices to share content, files, or your screen through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct. A built-in fingerprint sensor unlocks and locks the Galaxy S 5 and provides secure password protection to use PayPal for secure payments. The Galaxy S 5 also supports the latest mobile wallets, including Isis (a consortium among various carrier partners) and Google Wallet.
The Galaxy S 5 uses the latest technology for the fastest browsing, streaming, and downloads, whether you’re at home or on the go.
• 4G LTE Bands: Extensive support of U.S. carrier LTE bands and optimized to take advantage of the latest 4G LTE technology on all carrier networks, which means faster data download speeds and better coverage than ever before
• Faster Wi-Fi: First smartphone with 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO support provides up to twice the download speeds for faster browsing and streaming
The Galaxy S 5 introduces new features, designed with the consumer in mind, to deliver experiences that improve everyday life. The Galaxy S 5 delivers a viewing experience with an adaptive Full HD Super AMOLED® display with rich colors, darker blacks and faster response times for clearer high speed content. Wide viewing angles and crisp HD video on the bright bold display that adapts to bright outdoor sunlight or indoor ambient lighting means the best seat in the house anytime, anywhere.
The new camera features and simplified controls, paired with the 16 megapixel rear facing camera elevate the photo-taking experience.
New Galaxy S 5 camera features are intuitive and responsive for high-quality photos:
- · Phase Detection Auto Focus: Advanced auto focus speeds for capturing a shot quickly – first smartphone with phase detection auto focus, a feature usually found in DSLR cameras
- · Real-Time HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) preview mode makes it easier to choose when to use HDR – like trying to photograph a beautiful sunset. It also enables users to capture HDR photos or videos with no shutter lag or post-processing.
- · Selective Focus Mode: Blur images near or far for a creative, one-of-a-kind shot
- · Shot and More Mode: The camera chooses and recommends Drama Shot, Best Photo, Best Face or Eraser shot after the picture is taken to create the best photo
- · Studio: Add effects to photos and edit movies with a complete suite of editing tools within the Gallery