Olympus LS-20M HD PCM Recorder Review
The compact and highly portable LS-20M lets you capture all of life’s best moments in full 1080P at 30 frames per second. The HD video compression format makes it easy to upload videos to Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, Vimeo and other web-based content sharing sites, and the resolution offers remarkable detail on modern home theatre systems With its dual condenser mics capable of recording 24-bit / 96kHz PCM audio, and a built-in camcorder that can capture full 1080p high-definition video, the LS-20M fuses the best of both worlds, creating a feast for eyes and ears.
the LS-20M lets you record audio in either professional-level WAV files or the more consumer-friendly MP3 format, while giving you the option of capturing H.264 video in one of three resolutions: 1080p, 720p, or 480p. Everything is recorded to the included 2GB SD memory card or to any SD/SDHC card up to 32GB.
Of course, the ability to monitor what you’re recording is crucial for optimal results, and the LS-20M provides a 2" color LCD screen for reviewing your video and an LCD audio meter just beneath it to view and adjust levels. A 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack and 3.5mm microphone jack are also included for monitoring by ear and recording with an external microphone. Your final production is then easily played back on an HDTV or computer, or streamed live to the Web via Ustream
- 24-Bit/96kHz Linear PCM Recording
- Record sound that’s even better than what you hear on a compact disc. Every nuance of every note and syllable is captured and played back with a rich and resonant quality.
- Full HD 1080p Movie
- Shoot movies at 30 frames per second, with high-quality sound, in 1080p. Having the ability to capture high-definition sound and videos opens up a world of possibilities.
- Magic Movie Settings
- Express your vision exactly how you want in your HD videos using one of four Magic Filters: Rock, Pop, Sketch and Pin Hole.
- Removable SD/SDHC Card Compatibility
- Never run out of recording space again. The LS-20M is SD/SDHC card compatible so you can capture oodles of audio and video–and still have room to store documents or other files.
- Web Camera for Ustream
- Use the built-in high-quality audio and HD video of the LS-20M to stream your performances on the web via Ustream or any other live broadcast platform.
- Electrical Stabilizer and 4x Digital Zoom
- The camera features a 4.1mm (16:9 at 49mm, 4:3 at 59mm) autofocus lens and 4x digital zoom, delivering premium video no matter where you’re shooting.
- Battery Charge Function (via USB or AC Adapter)
- With a USB cable or AC adapter it is easy to charge your recorder. You can also quickly transfer your files over to your Mac or PC via a USB cable.
- Low-Cut Filter and Auto/Manual Recording Level
- The LS-20M features a switchable low-cut filter that enables users to eliminate low-frequency sounds and unwanted background noises. For your convenience, the Olympus LS-20M also offers manual or auto-level recording. The "auto" level is perfect if you are recording from the crowd. Thanks to the manual level, musicians can capture optimal sound checks and live performances.
- Multitasking with Dual LCDs
- The dual LCDs on the LS-20 allow you to frame your video while simultaneously checking your audio levels.
- Enable the Visualizer during playback to view imagery that pulses and dances with the audio. Choose from options like Equalizer, Pink Line and Rainy Blue.