Intel Desktop Motherboard DZ87KLT-75K Review: Haswell Build
Intel Motherboards have improved vastly over the years and the DZ87KLT-75K takes things to another level, whether you are into extreme gaming, overclocking, or high-end video manipulation, Intel Desktop Board DZ87KLT-75K is the motherboard for you. This board has been highly optimized for the Intel –K processor line to take full advantage of all that the processor family has to offer.
The new Intel Visual BIOS offers graphical interface and animated controls, allowing you to configure settings faster and take full advantage of your Intel -K processors. Core, Graphics and Memory overclocking is made easy by the use of sliders and pre-programmed settings. ctive monitoring ensures system protection from power supply failure, current surge, and over-current conditions. In the event of power spikes or droops, the power supervisor shuts the power off. Support for CrossFireX and SLI, USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gb/s, and dual LAN allows endless connection possibilities. And if you enjoy pushing the envelope with the ultimate in connectivity, this board offers on-board Thunderbolt™ technology for blistering bidirectional 10 Gb/s transfer rates.
It retails at $279 and you can pick it up at either newegg or Amazon and is a great board to pick up.
Features and configurations
AA# (Altered Assembly)
BIOS ID string
- Dual channel DDR3 2400+MHz O.C, DDR3 1600/1333 MHz,
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP)
- Support for up to 32 GB of system memory
- Three PCI Express* 3.0 x16 graphics slots (switchable to x8 or x4)
- Supports ATI CrossfireX* and NVIDIA SLI*
- HDMI* display connector
Intel® High Definition Audio1 subsystem in the following configuration:
- 10-channel (8+2) Intel® High Definition Audio
- Five stack analog audio ports with optical S/PDIF out and S/PDIF header
- Front panel microphone/headphone header
- Eight USB 2.0 ports (two back panel ports, six via internal headers – includes two high-current back panel ports and two high-current internal ports for charging)
- Eight USB 3.0 ports (six back panel ports, two via internal headers )
- One PS/2 connector (keyboard or mouse)