Comcast Introduces XClass TV
For the First Time, Comcast’s Award-Winning Entertainment Experience and Voice Technology Will Be Available Direct to Consumers Across the United States
First 4K UHD XClass TVs from Hisense Available in Walmart Stores and Walmart.com
XClass TV Comes Loaded with Hundreds of Apps, Including 12 Months of Peacock Premium
PHILADELPHIA, PA – October 19, 2021 – Comcast today announced the launch of XClass TV, extending the reach of the company’s global technology platform to smart TVs nationwide. For the first time, Comcast’s award-winning entertainment and voice platform is available direct to consumers across the U.S., without an Xfinity subscription, both inside and outside of Comcast’s service areas.
Comcast has partnered with Hisense to bring the first XClass TVs to market, combining Hisense’s advanced television hardware with Comcast’s XClass TV operating system. XClass TV will offer consumers an affordable and innovative smart TV with an integrated interface and voice remote to access their favorite live and on demand streaming content from hundreds of apps and services. The first XClass TVs from Hisense are available this week in select Walmart stores and in the coming weeks through Walmart.com.
XClass TV is built on the same global technology platform that powers the company’s entertainment and connectivity products and services, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, Sky Glass and Sky Q. The platform’s technology uniquely integrates streaming, on demand, broadcast, and cable options in one place under unified voice search, discovery, apps and interactive features. It offers customers intuitive navigation across thousands of apps, movies, shows and sports with a simple voice command or remote click.
The launch follows Comcast’s recent introductions of Sky Glass, a new streaming TV now available in the UK, and XiOne, a new global streaming box, which are all built on Comcast’s global technology platform. Comcast’s platform delivers nearly five billion entertainment streams per week to customers across Comcast, Sky and its syndication partners and powers more than 75 million Comcast entertainment and connectivity devices today.
“We’re thrilled to bring our award-winning entertainment experience to smart TVs nationwide and for the first time offer consumers inside and outside our service areas a simple way to navigate their live and on demand content, whether streaming or cable,” said Sam Schwartz, Chief Business Development Officer, Comcast. “Hisense XClass TVs are the next products in a growing portfolio built on our flexible and scalable technology platform, bringing the best innovative products – whether that’s a streaming box or a smart TV – to each territory and customer segment.”
“As a rapidly growing brand in the U.S., Hisense is committed not only to quality products but also to providing an array of options for our customers,” said David Gold, President of Hisense USA. “We’re excited to partner with Comcast to bring the first XClass TVs to market in the U.S.”
Hisense XClass TVs are available in affordably priced 43” and 50” 4K Ultra HD models. The televisions include more features and value than other smart TVs in this price category, including a voice remote powered by Comcast’s Emmy-award winning voice technology. Alongside the simple and intuitive user experience, Hisense XClass TVs support leading technologies including Dolby Vision® HDR, which delivers a more vivid, lifelike image. Hisense XClass TVs also support HDR10 and can enable the pass-through of Dolby Atmos® from compatible content sources when the TV is connected to a compatible audio device.
Key features of the XClass TV operating system include:
Simple, Fast and Smart Discovery
- Simple search and discovery gets consumers quickly to the content they want to watch, regardless of what app or service it resides in – with just a click or a voice command.
- The ability to create a personalized playlist with the My List feature, enabling consumers to save and quickly access shows or movies from across apps and services right from the homescreen or via a button on the remote.
- Convenient and seamless access to recently viewed apps, services, content, HDMI inputs, and over the air channels on the first row of the home screen to help consumers get back to their favorite entertainment faster.
- A curated interface that combines automated suggestions with editorial recommendations to help consumers discover programming from across streaming apps and services.
Universal Voice Search with Included Remote
- Comcast’s Emmy-award winning voice technology allows consumers to discover content quickly with a simple voice command, working in and out of apps to get them to content wherever they are in the experience.
- Comcast’s global voice platform supports more than 40 million commands daily in five different languages across North America and Europe.
Hundreds of Built-In Apps
- Hundreds of streaming apps and services, including Peacock, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube and more.
- Peacock Premium included for one year at no additional cost (a $50 value). Consumers will have access to current season hits from NBC and Telemundo, a library of exclusive favorites like The Office, Parks and Recreation and Yellowstone, hit Peacock originals like Dr. Death and Saved by the Bell, and live sports including Sunday Night Football, English Premier League soccer and the Winter Olympics.
- Immediate access to tens of thousands of free movies and TV shows from other ad-supported services like XUMO, Pluto, Tubi and IMDb TV – all seamlessly blended alongside their subscribed content to help them discover something new.
- In the coming months, streaming apps from Xfinity and Charter will launch on XClass TV, joining the multichannel streaming services already available on the platform including Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV and Sling TV, giving consumers more options to stream live sports, shows and news directly on the TV.