AT&T digital Life- How my home will be secured
I have seen automated homes, and know quite well they can be expensive and cumbersome. So today I got a chance to take a look at a different approach from AT&T that first off doesn’t aim to break the bank. AT&T Digital Life offers the convenience of a home management and automation system with the simplicity and flexibility to meet your unique needs. It doesn’t matter what the scenario is, they have thought of all possibilities; from needing to secure your home, check in on your kids or pets, adjust the temperature, or verify that the garage door is closed? AT&T Digital Life makes it possible to do all this and more, remotely, using your smartphone, tablet or PC—regardless of your wireless or wired broadband provider. What particularly caught my attention where the individual key-pass that can be assigned inhabitants or guest of the house. So if you are a parent, you know when your kids come home, or when a guest checks in.Plus the pass can be reset and timed-out when necessary.
AT&T realizes as a mobile carrier that, remote access is very important and digital life provides that.The Digital Life application is available on most web browsers and apps are available for iOS, Android smartphones and Windows Phones. To ensure customers’ privacy is protected, Digital Life has a secure log in system each time the app is opened from any Internet-connected device. the really cool thing about digital life is that you can build you own system, you don have to follow a packaged route, but you can start with what you need and add as your needs grow. Overall my experience at the AT&T digital life home, makes me want to get my future home secured in such a fashion. below you cna find out AT&T’s pricing plans for digital life offerings
Customers can choose from two base plans: Simple Security, which is our basic home security package; or Smart Security which includes enhanced security features and the option to add home automation.
- Simple Security – Includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment and installation.
- Smart Security – Includes the benefits of Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment and installation.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package – View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Energy Package – Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Door Package – Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Detection Package – Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment and installation.
- Water Control Package – Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment and installation.